What is Below The Grass Planning™?
28 Sep 2015
When the team at Cornerstone Financial Strategies discuss legal planning for after death, we refer to it as Below the Grass Planning™. Estate planning involves more than just arranging for the disposition of your money and other assets when you die. It should be done in tandem with Above the Grass Planning™ You should make advance provisions to transfer control to someone else, either temporarily or permanently, for financial, legal, and medical matters*.
Following is a summary of some specific elements we address as part of Below the Grass Planning™:
- Last Will & Testament
- Testamentary Trusts
- Disclaimer Trusts
- Marital, Credit Shelter, Family and/or Bypass Trusts
- Qualified Terminal Interest Property Trusts (QTIP)
- Conduit Trusts
- Tax-Sensitive Language Review
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILIT)
- Charitable Lead Trusts (CLAT)
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts (CRAT)
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts (CRUT)